A lady-love. Taken from Don Quixote's amie du coeur.
Her real name was Aldonza Lorenzo, but the knight dubbed her Dulcinea
“I must ever have some Dulcinea in my head—it harmonises the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dulcinea from Infoplease:
- dulcinea: meaning and definitions - dulcinea: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dulcinea - Dulcinea A lady-love. Taken from Don Quixote's amie du coeur. Her real name was Aldonza ...
- El Toboso - Toboso, El Toboso, El , town, Toledo prov., central Spain, in Castile–La Mancha. It is an ...
- Don Quixote - Biography of Don Quixote, The crazy knight who tilted at windmills
- Man of La Mancha - Starring Peter O'Toole, Sophia Loren, James Coco, Harry Andrews, John Castle