A baby; a plaything; a paramour. In the West of England babies
are called doxies.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Doxy from Infoplease:
- doxy: meaning and definitions - doxy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Doxy - Doxy A baby; a plaything; a paramour. In the West of England babies are called doxies. Source: ...
- Sonny Rollins - Rollins, Sonny Rollins, Sonny (Theodore Walter Rollins), 1930–, African-American tenor ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index doxepin doxology doxorubicin doxy doxycycline doyen doyenne Doyle doyley ...
- The Jolly Beggars: A Cantata - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns Adam Armour's Prayer Song—For A' That ...