Without spirit; the heart prostrated.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Down-hearted from Infoplease:
- Down-hearted - Down-hearted Without spirit; the heart prostrated. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. ...
- downhearted: meaning and definitions - downhearted: Definition and Pronunciation
- Walt Whitman: Song of Myself, Part 43 - I do not despise you priests, all time, the world over, My faith is the greatest of faiths and the least of faiths, Enclosing worship ancient and mode
- Psalms: 107 - O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for…
- Top News Stories from 1923 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1923. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data