(Stock Exchange term). The South-Eastern railway shares. The
line runs to Dover. (See Claras; Stock Exchange Slang.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dovers from Infoplease:
- Dover, town, England - Dover Dover , town (1991 pop. 33,461), Kent, SE England, on the Strait of Dover, beneath chalk ...
- Strait of Dover - Dover, Strait of Dover, Strait of, separating Great Britain from France and connecting the English ...
- Dover, cities, United States - Dover. Dover. 1. City (1990 pop. 27,630), state capital, and seat of Kent co., central Del., on the ...
- Dover's powder: meaning and definitions - Dover's powder: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dover: meaning and definitions - Dover: Definition and Pronunciation