(French.) A gratuity for service rendered or promised.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Douceur' from Infoplease:
- douceur: meaning and definitions - douceur: Definition and Pronunciation
- Douceur' - Douceur' (French.) A gratuity for service rendered or promised. Source: Dictionary of Phrase ...
- Bears are caught by Honey - Bears are caught by Honey In French, “Il faut avoir mauvaise bête par douceur,” ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index don dona donable Donald Donar donate Donatello donation donation land Donatist ...
- Cato VI - The next objection that arises against this proffered constitution is, that the apportionment of representatives and direct taxes are unjust. The word