A floating island ultimately made fast to the bottom of the sea
by Poseidon (Neptune). Apollo having become possessor of it by
exchange, made it his favourite retreat. It is one of the Cyclades.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Delos from Infoplease:
- Delos - Delos Delos , island, c.1 sq mi (2.6 sq km), SE Greece, in the Aegean Sea, smallest of the ...
- Delos: meaning and definitions - Delos: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/delos - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Jasper Delos WARD - Jasper Delos WARD (1829-1902) WARD, Jasper Delos, a Representative from Illinois; born in Java, ...
- Delos - Delos A floating island ultimately made fast to the bottom of the sea by Poseidon (Neptune). Apollo ...