U.S. America, was granted by charter in 1701 to Lord De la
Ware, who first explored the bay into which the river empties itself.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Delaware from Infoplease:
- Delaware: meaning and definitions - Delaware: Definition and Pronunciation
- Delaware, indigenous people of North America - Delaware Delaware , English name given several closely related Native American groups of the ...
- Chesapeake and Delaware Canal - Chesapeake and Delaware Canal Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, sea-level canal, 19 mi (31 km) long, ...
- Delaware - Map of Delaware & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters, and current events.
- De La Warr: meaning and definitions - De La Warr: Definition and Pronunciation