(the Latin Decanus). The chief over ten prebends or
(Il Piovano.) Arlotto, the Italian humorist. (1395-1483.) Jonathan Swift, Dean
of St. Patrick. (1667-1745.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dean from Infoplease:
- dean: meaning and definitions - dean: Definition and Pronunciation
- Forest of Dean - Dean, Forest of Dean, Forest of, ancient royal forest (c.30,000 acres/12,141 hectares), ...
- Silas Deane - Deane, Silas Deane, Silas, 1737–89, political leader and diplomat in the American Revolution, ...
- Mark Dean - Mark Dean Born: 1957 Birthplace: Jefferson City, Tenn. Microcomputer with bus control means for ...
- Eddie Dean - Eddie Dean (Edgar Dean Glosup) Age: 91 one of the most popular singing cowboys in the 1940s, he ...