I am at a dead lift. In a strait or difficulty where I greatly
need help; a hopeless exigency. A dead lift is the lifting of a dead or
inactive body, which must be done by sheer force.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dead Lift from Infoplease:
- dead lift: meaning and definitions - dead lift: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dead Lift - Dead Lift I am at a dead lift. In a strait or difficulty where I greatly need help; a hopeless ...
- weight lifting - weight lifting weight lifting, international sport, also a training technique for athletes in other ...
- Dead Weight - Dead Weight The weight of something without life; a burden that does nothing towards easing its own ...
- The Brothers Grimm: Snowdrop - It was the middle of winter, when the broad flakes of snow were falling around, that the queen of a country many thousand miles off sat working at her