A dream of the imagination when the eyes are awake.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Day-dream from Infoplease:
- Day-dream - Day-dream A dream of the imagination when the eyes are awake. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- daydream: meaning and definitions - daydream: Definition and Pronunciation
- Edward Carpenter - Carpenter, Edward Carpenter, Edward, 1844–1929, English author. Although ordained a minister ...
- Amelia Josephine Burr: Where Love is - By the rosy cliffs of Devon, on a green hill's crest, I would build me a house as a swallow builds its nest; I would curtain it with roses, and the wi
- Christina Rossetti: At Home - When I was dead, my spirit turned To seek the much-frequented house: I passed the door, and saw my friends Feasting beneath green orange boughs; From