(Bully). A noted London sharper, who swaggered and led a
most abandoned life about Blackfriars, in the reign of Charles II. (
See Jemmy Dawson.)
“Bully Dawson kicked by half the town, and half the town kicked by
Bully Dawson.” —Charles Lamb.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dawson from Infoplease:
- Dawson: meaning and definitions - Dawson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Len Dawson: A Hall of Famer On and Off the Field - A Hall of Famer On and Off the Field An interview with Len Dawson, Hall of Fame quarterback and ...
- Sir John William Dawson - Dawson, Sir John William Dawson, Sir John William, 1820–99, Canadian geologist and educator, ...
- Dawson - Dawson Dawson or Dawson City,city (1991 pop. 972), W Yukon Territory, Canada, at the confluence of ...
- William Levi Dawson - William Levi Dawson American musician and conductor Born: September 26, 1899 Birthplace: Anniston, ...