David and Jonathan
Inseparable friends. Similar examples of friendship were
Pylades and Orestes (q.v.); Damon and Pythias (q.v.);
“I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan. Very pleasant hast
thou been to me. Thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of
women.”—2 Sam. i. 26.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on David and Jonathan from Infoplease:
- David and Jonathan - David and Jonathan Inseparable friends. Similar examples of friendship were Pylades and Orestes ...
- Mo'Nique - Biography of Mo'Nique, The stand-up comedian who won an Oscar for Precious
- 1 Samuel: 19 - And Saul spake to Jonathan his son, and to all…
- Pylades and Orestes - Pylades and Orestes Two model friends, whose names have become proverbial for friendship, like ...
- 1 Samuel: 18 - And it came to pass, when he had made an end of…