Is your dander up or riz? Is your angry passion up? This
is generally considered to be an Americanism; but Halliwell gives, in
his Archaic Dictionary, both dander (anger) and dandy
(distracted), the former common to several counties, and the latter
peculiar to Somersetshire.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dander from Infoplease:
- dander: meaning and definitions - dander: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dander - Dander Is your dander up or riz? Is your angry passion up? This is generally considered to be an ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index D, d da dab dabber dabble dabbling duck dabchick dabster da capo dacarbazine Dacca ...
- asthma - asthma asthma , chronic inflammatory respiratory disease characterized by periodic attacks of ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: D - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "D"