is C wt. —i.e. C. centum, wt. weight,
meaning hundred-weight. (See Dwt.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cwt from Infoplease:
- cwt: meaning and definitions - cwt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cwt - Cwt is C wt. —i.e. C. centum, wt. weight, meaning hundred-weight. (See Dwt.) Source: ...
- hundredweight: meaning and definitions - hundredweight: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index cut cutability cut-and-cover cut-and-dried cut and fill cut-and-paste cut-and-try ...
- Fourth of July by the Numbers - Find census information about Fourth of July statistics, including the nation's population, the number of cookouts nationwide, the number of hot dogs and hamburgers consumed, the cost of fireworks, and more.