(The). Pedro, King of Castile (1334, 1350-1369).
Pedro I. of Portugal; also called le Justicier (1320,
(now Crewel) Garters. Garters made of worsted or
“Ha ! ha ! look, he wears cruel garters.”
Shakespeare: King Lear,
“Wearing of silk, why art thou so cruel?”
Woman's a Weathercock
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cruel from Infoplease:
- cruel: meaning and definitions - cruel: Definition and Pronunciation
- Peter the Cruel - Peter the Cruel Peter the Cruel, 1334–69, Spanish king of Castile and León ...
- Robert Graves: The Cruel Moon - The cruel Moon hangs out of reach Up above the shadowy beech. Her face is stupid, but her eye Is small and sharp and very sly. Nurse says the Moon can
- How Cruel Are The Parents - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns Song.—On Chloris Being Ill Mark Yonder Pomp Of ...
- Cruel - Cruel (The). Pedro, King of Castile (1334, 1350-1369). Pedro I. of Portugal; also called le ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring