Repetition. So called from a game which consists in some one
setting a line which another is to rhyme to, but no one word of the
first line must occur in the second.
Pantomime of a word in rhyme to a given word. Thus if “cat” is the
given word, the pantomimists would act Bat, Fat, Hat, Mat, Pat, Rat,
Sat, etc., till the word acted is guessed.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Crambo from Infoplease:
- crambo: meaning and definitions - crambo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Crambo - Crambo Repetition. So called from a game which consists in some one setting a line which another is ...
- Dumb Crambo - Dumb Crambo (See Crambo.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894 Related ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index covalence covalent bond covariance covariant Covarrubias cove cove lighting ...
- On A Scotch Bard, Gone To The West Indies - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns The Farewell To the Brethren o... ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring