To cheat. (Armoric, Couczyein; Russian, kosnodei;
Arabic, gausa; Ethiopic, chasawa; our chouse.)
“I think it no sin To cozen him that would unjustly win.”
Shakespeare: All's Well that Ends Well, iv.2.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cozen from Infoplease:
- cozen: meaning and definitions - cozen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alexander Cozens - Cozens, Alexander Cozens, Alexander , c.1717–1786, English draftsman and writer, b. Russia. ...
- Cozen - Cozen To cheat. (Armoric, Couczyein; Russian, kosnodei; Arabic, gausa; Ethiopic, chasawa; our ...
- cozenage: meaning and definitions - cozenage: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: April - The April winds are magical And thrill our tuneful frames; The garden walks are passional To bachelors and dames. The hedge is gemmed with diamonds, T