One of the three Hundred-handed giants, son of Heaven and
Earth. His two brothers were Briareus [Bri-a-ruce] and Gyges
or Gyes. (See Hundred-Handed, Giants.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cottys from Infoplease:
- Cottys - Cottys One of the three Hundred-handed giants, son of Heaven and Earth. His two brothers were ...
- Cottian Alps: meaning and definitions - Cottian Alps: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pootie Tang - Starring Lance Carouther, Chris Rock, J D Williams, David Cross, Andy Richter
- Spring Breakers - Starring Selena Gomez, James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Heather Morris
- Kit's Coty House - Kit's Coty House on the road between Rochester and Maidstone, a well-known cromlech, is ...