(2 syl.). The Spanish or Portuguese parliament. The word means
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cortes from Infoplease:
- Cortes: meaning and definitions - Cortes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Henry Cort - Cort, Henry Cort, Henry, 1740–1800, English inventor. He revolutionized the British iron ...
- Hernán Cortés - Cortés, Hernán Cortés, Hernán, or Hernando Cortez, 1485–1547, ...
- cort.: meaning and definitions - cort.: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cortes - Cortes Cortes , representative assembly in Spain. The institution originated (12th–13th ...