was virtually extinct 150 years ago. Doll Pentreath, the last
person who could speak it, died, at the age of ninety-one, in 1777. (Notes and Queries.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cornish Language from Infoplease:
- Cornish Language - Cornish Language was virtually extinct 150 years ago. Doll Pentreath, the last person who could ...
- Cornish: meaning and definitions - Cornish: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cornish - Cornish Cornish, language belonging to the Brythonic group of the Celtic subfamily of the ...
- Cornwall, county, England - Cornwall Cornwall, county (1991 pop. 469,300), SW England. The county seat is Bodmin, although most ...
- Celtic languages: Brythonic - Brythonic The Brythonic group includes Breton, Cornish, and Welsh. They are all descendants of ...