Corn in Egypt
(There's). There is abundance; there is a plentiful
supply. Of course, the reference is to the Bible story of Joseph in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Corn in Egypt from Infoplease:
- Corn in Egypt - Corn in Egypt (There's). There is abundance; there is a plentiful supply. Of course, the ...
- Genesis: 42 - Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt…
- Genesis - The Bible Genesis Ch. 1: In the beginning God created the heaven… Ch. 2: Thus the heavens ...
- Acts: 7 - Then said the high priest, Are these things so…
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: C - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "C"