This wine is corked- i.e. tastes of the cork.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Corked from Infoplease:
- cork, in botany - cork cork, protective, waterproof outer covering of the stems and roots of woody plants. Cork is a ...
- Cork, county, Ireland - Cork Cork, county (1991 pop. 410,369), 2,881 sq mi (7,462 sq km), SW Republic of Ireland. Cork is ...
- Boyle, Richard, 1st earl of Cork - Boyle, Richard, 1st earl of Cork Boyle, Richard, 1st earl of Cork, 1566–1643, English settler ...
- cork oak: meaning and definitions - cork oak: Definition and Pronunciation
- corked: meaning and definitions - corked: Definition and Pronunciation