(The). The dancing mania, which in 1800 appeared in
Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia. The usual manifestations were
laughing, shouting, dancing, and convulsions. (Latin chorea, a
dance where many dance simultaneously.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Corea from Infoplease:
- Corea - Corea (The). The dancing mania, which in 1800 appeared in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia. The ...
- AIDS, in medicine: Bibliography - Bibliography See S. Sontag, AIDS and Its Metaphors (1989); S. Flanders, AIDS (1991); G. Corea, The ...
- Basil Hall - Hall, Basil Hall, Basil, 1788–1844, British naval officer and traveler. In the service from ...
- Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue - Starring Chick Corea, Keith Jarrett, Dave Holland, Gary Bartz, Carlos Santana
- Michael Brecker - Michael Brecker Age: 57 Grammy Award-winning jazz musician considered the most influential ...