The eleven States which revolted from the Union in the late
American Civil War (1861-1866)- viz. Georgia, North and South
Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas,
Mississippi, and Florida and Texas.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Confederate States from Infoplease:
- The Confederate States of America - The Confederate States of America State Seceded from Union Readmitted to Union1 1. South Carolina ...
- Confederacy - Confederacy Confederacy, name commonly given to the Confederate States of America(1861–65), ...
- CSA: The Confederate States of America - Starring Evamarii Johnson, Rupert Pate, Larry Peterson, Charles Frank, Fernando Arenas
- The Civil War - The Civil War Apart from the matter of slavery, the Civil War arose out of both the economic and ...
- 1850–1899 - 1850–1899 1850 President Taylor dies (July 9) and is succeeded by his vice president, Millard ...