Come to Grief
(To). To fail, to prove a failure, as, “the undertaking
(or company) came to grief,” i.e. to a grievous end.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Come to Grief from Infoplease:
- Come to Grief - Come to Grief (To). To fail, to prove a failure, as, “the undertaking (or company) came to ...
- grief: meaning and definitions - grief: Definition and Pronunciation
- Richard Chancellor - Chancellor, Richard Chancellor, Richard, d. 1556, English navigator. When, largely under the ...
- Stella (1956) - Starring Melina Mercouri, Alekos Alexandrakis, George Foundas, Voula Zouboulaki, Sophia Vembo
- Six in Paris - Starring Jean-Pierre Andréani, Stéphane Audran, Nadine Ballot, Claude Chabrol, Jean-François Chappey