(To). Not to be sufficient. “To come short of” means to
miss or fail of attaining.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Come Short from Infoplease:
- Come Short - Come Short (To). Not to be sufficient. “To come short of” means to miss or fail of ...
- Prayer, In The Prospect Of Death - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns First Six Verses Of The Nineti... Stanzas, On The ...
- Hobo Convention - Hobo Convention Tired of the sedentary life? Hitch a train to Iowa by Elissa Haney Third boxcar, ...
- fall: meaning and definitions - fall: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hebrews: 4 - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left…