(U.S. America). A Spanish word meaning red, referring to
the red hue of the water of the river.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Colorado from Infoplease:
- Colorado - Map of Colorado & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters, and current events.
- Colorado–Big Thompson project - Colorado–Big Thompson project Colorado–Big Thompson project, constructed by the U.S. ...
- Colorado - Information on Colorado — map of Colorado, economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- University of Colorado - Colorado, University of Colorado, University of, main campus at Boulder; state supported; ...
- blue spruce: meaning and definitions - blue spruce: Definition and Pronunciation