One of the rabble leaders in Hudibras was Noel Perryan,
or Ned Perry, an ostler, who loved bear-baiting, but was a very
straight-laced Puritan of low morals.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Colon from Infoplease:
- colonize: meaning and definitions - colonize: Definition and Pronunciation
- colonization - colonization colonization, extension of political and economic control over an area by a state ...
- Colón, city, Cuba - Colón Colón , city (1994 est. pop. 44,000), Matanzas prov., W central Cuba. It is a ...
- Colón, city, Panama - Colón Colón, city (1990 pop. 140,908), Panama, at the Caribbean end of the Panama ...
- Colon - Colon Use a colon: To introduce a list, or words, phrases, and clauses that explain, enlarge upon, ...