Baptized. To church a woman is to read the appointed
service when a woman comes to church to return thanks to God for her
“safe deliverance” and restored health.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Churched from Infoplease:
- church, aggregation of Christian believers - church church [probably Gr.,=divine], aggregation of Christian believers. The traditional belief ...
- World Council of Churches - World Council of Churches World Council of Churches, an international, interdenominational ...
- church, building for Christian worship - church church [Gr. kuriakon=belonging to the Lord], in architecture, a building for Christian ...
- Benjamin Church - Church, Benjamin Church, Benjamin, 1639–1718, New England colonial soldier in King ...
- established church: meaning and definitions - established church: Definition and Pronunciation