Entre chien et loup. Dusk, between daylight and lamp-light;
“The best time to talk of difficult things is entre chien et loup,
as the Guernsey folk say.” —Mrs. Edwardes: A Girton Girl, chap.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chien from Infoplease:
- Chien-Shiung Wu - Chien-Shiung Wu experimental physicist Born: 5/29/1912 Birthplace: nr. Shanghai Chien-Shiung Wu ...
- Chien-Shiung Wu - Wu, Chien-Shiung Wu, Chien-Shiung , 1912–97, Chinese-American physicist. She emigrated to the ...
- The Master said of Tsze-chien... - Confucian Analects The Master said of Kung-ye Ch... Tsze-kung asked, 'What do you... The Master ...
- Sui: meaning and definitions - Sui: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chien - Chien Entre chien et loup. Dusk, between daylight and lamp-light; owllight. “The best time to ...