lauded by Thomson in his Winter is the fourth earl,
author of Chesterfield's Letters to His Son (1694-1773).
(London) was built by Isaac Ware for Philip, fourth earl of
Chesterfield. (See above.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chesterfield from Infoplease:
- chesterfield: meaning and definitions - chesterfield: Definition and Pronunciation
- stanhope: meaning and definitions - stanhope: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chesterfield, Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th earl of - Chesterfield, Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th earl of Chesterfield, Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th earl ...
- Chesterfield - Chesterfield Chesterfield, city (1991 pop. 73,352) and district, Derbyshire, central England. An ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/chesterfield - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus