A masterpiece. (French.) (Pronounce sha deuvr.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Chef d'OEuvre from Infoplease:
- chef-d'oeuvre: meaning and definitions - chef-d'oeuvre: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chef d'OEuvre - Chef d'OEuvre A masterpiece. (French.) (Pronounce sha deuvr.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Walt Whitman: Song of the Broad-Axe, Part 4 - Muscle and pluck forever! What invigorates life invigorates death, And the dead advance as much as the living advance, And the future is no more uncer
- Walt Whitman: Song of Myself, Part 31 - I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey work of the stars, And the pismire is equally perfect, and a grain of sand, and the egg of the w
- Night - Night The celebrated statue of Night, in Florence, is the chef d'oeuvre of Michael Angelo. In ...