Champs de Mars
The March meetings held by Clovis and his immediate followers,
sometimes as mere pageants for the amusement of the freedmen who came
to offer homage to their lord, and pay their annual gifts; sometimes
for business purposes, especially when the king wished to consult his
warriors about some expedition.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Champs de Mars from Infoplease:
- Champ-de-Mars - Champ-de-Mars Champ-de-Mars , former parade ground of Paris, France, between the École ...
- The Last Mitterrand (Le Promeneur du champ de Mars) - Starring Michel Bouquet, Jalil Lespert, Philippe Fretun, Anne Cantineau, Sarah Grappin
- Champs de Mars - Champs de Mars The March meetings held by Clovis and his immediate followers, sometimes as mere ...
- Eiffel Tower - Eiffel Tower Eiffel Tower, structure designed by A. G. Eiffel and erected in the Champ-de-Mars for ...
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, marquis de - Lafayette, or La Fayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette, or ...