John White, the Nonconformist lawyer. So called from his chief
publication, The First Century of Scandalous, Malignant Priests,
made and admitted into Benefices by the Prelates, etc.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Century White from Infoplease:
- Century White - Century White John White, the Nonconformist lawyer. So called from his chief publication, The First ...
- Carmelite: meaning and definitions - Carmelite: Definition and Pronunciation
- stoneware - stoneware stoneware, hard pottery made from siliceous paste, fired at high temperature to vitrify ...
- Donkey - Donkey An ass. It was made to rhyme with “monkey,” but is never now so pronounced. The ...
- South Africa: History - History Early History The San (Bushmen) are among the oldest indigenous peoples of South Africa. ...