Centre of Gravity
That point on which a body acted on by gravity is balanced in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Centre of Gravity from Infoplease:
- Centre of Gravity - Centre of Gravity That point on which a body acted on by gravity is balanced in all positions. ...
- GRAVITY - Gravity is the force that makes things fall to the ground on Earth and holds the planets in their orbits (paths) around the Sun. The force of gravity
- Top-heavy - Top-heavy Liable to tip over because the centre of gravity is too high. Intoxicated. Source: ...
- FORCES AND ENERGY - From the movements of the planets to the energy produced inside atoms, everything that happens in the Universe is ultimately caused by forces. A force
- Leaning Tower - Leaning Tower The one at Pisa, in Italy, is 178 feet in height, and leans about 14 feet. At ...