A piece of stone, ground artificially into a wedge-like shape,
with a cutting edge. Used, before the employment of bronze and iron,
for knives, hatchets, and chisels.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Celt from Infoplease:
- Conradus Protucius Celtes - Celtes, Conradus Protucius Celtes, Conradus Protucius , pseud. of Konrad Pickel, 1459–1508, ...
- celt: meaning and definitions - celt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Celt - Celt Celt or Kelt. 1. One who speaks a Celtic language or who derives ancestry from an area where a ...
- CELTS - The tribespeople who lived in western Europe before the Roman conquest were called Celts. Each tribe was made up of three main classes—druids, warrior
- The Mighty Celt - Starring Gillian Anderson, Robert Carlyle, Ken Stott, Sean McGinley, Tyrone McKenna