Shut up! have done! I'll cave in his head (break it).
His fortune has caved in (has failed). The bank has caved in
(come to a smash). The affair caved in (fell through). Common
In the lead diggings, after a shaft has been sunk, the earth round
the sides falls or caves in, unless properly boarded; and if the
mine does not answer, no care is taken to prevent a caving in.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cave In from Infoplease:
- Edward Cave - Cave, Edward Cave, Edward, 1691–1754, English publisher. He founded (1731) the ...
- KidVideos: Caves and Caverns - KidVid Video about Caves and Caverns by Enzoology.
- Science Discoveries: Cosmic Dust & Snotties - Science discoveries from slimy cave critters to cosmic dust.
- Mammoth Cave National Park - Mammoth Cave National Park Mammoth Cave National Park, 52,830 acres (21,396 hectares), central ...
- Wind Cave National Park - Wind Cave National Park Wind Cave National Park, 28,295 acres (11,459 hectares), in the Black ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring