A child's play, with a piece of twine. Corrupt for cratchcradle
or manger cradle, in which the infant Saviour was laid. Cratch is the
French crèche (a rack or manger), and to the present hour the
racks which stand in fields for cattle to eat from are called
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cat's Cradle from Infoplease:
- cat's cradle: meaning and definitions - cat's cradle: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cat's Cradle - Cat's Cradle A child's play, with a piece of twine. Corrupt for cratchcradle or manger ...
- Harry Chapin - Biography of Harry Chapin, Singer of the 1972 hit "Taxi"
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. - Biography of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., The author of Slaughterhouse-Five
- Vonnegut, Kurt, Jr. - Vonnegut, Kurt, Jr. Vonnegut, Kurt, Jr. 1922–2007, American novelist, b. Indianapolis. After ...