In theatrical parlance, is the last word or so of the
previous speaker, which is the cue of the person who follows.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Catch-word from Infoplease:
- Catch-word - Catch-word In theatrical parlance, is the last word or so of the previous speaker, which is the cue ...
- catchword: meaning and definitions - catchword: Definition and Pronunciation
- Get Low - Starring Bill Murray, Robert Duvall, Lucas Black, Sissy Spacek, Bill Cobbs
- Cue - Cue (1 syl.). The tail of a sentence (French, queue), the catch-word which indicates when another ...
- Louisa May Alcott: Jo Meets Apollyon - "Girls, where are you going?" asked Amy, coming into their room one Saturday afternoon, and finding them getting ready to go out with an air of secrec