Hold the drawn sword vertically, the blade against the shoulder
(A military command.) (See above, Carry Arms.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Carry Swords from Infoplease:
- Carry Swords! - Carry Swords! Hold the drawn sword vertically, the blade against the shoulder (A military command.) ...
- sword-bearer: meaning and definitions - sword-bearer: Definition and Pronunciation
- Carry Arms! - Carry Arms! Hold your gun in the right hand, the barrel nearly perpendicular, and resting against ...
- Flaming Swords - Flaming Swords Swords with a wavy or flamboyant edge, generally used for state purposes. The Dukes ...
- The Brothers Grimm: Old Sultan - A shepherd had a faithful dog, called Sultan, who was grown very old, and had lost all his teeth. And one day when the shepherd and his wife were stan