(2 syl.). Fustian, rubbish, trash. The cloth so called ought to
be made of goats' hair, but is a mixture of wool and silk, wool and
hair, or wool, silk, and hair, etc. (French, camelot; Arabic,
camlat.) (See page 206, Camlet .)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Camelote from Infoplease:
- Camelot - Camelot Camelot , in Arthurian legend, the seat of King Arthur's court. The origin of the name ...
- Camelot: meaning and definitions - Camelot: Definition and Pronunciation
- Quest For Camelot - Starring Jessalyn Gilsig, Cary Elwes, Gary Oldman, Pierce Brosnan, Bryan White
- Quest for Camelot - Quest for Camelot Director: Frederik Du Chau Writers: Kirk De Micco, William Schifrin, Jacqueline ...
- Camelote - Camelote (2 syl.). Fustian, rubbish, trash. The cloth so called ought to be made of goats' ...