The country-house of Caiaphas, in which Judas concluded his
bargain to betray his Master, stood on “The Hill of Evil Counsel.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Caiaphas from Infoplease:
- Caiaphas - Caiaphas Caiaphas (Joseph Caiaphas), Jewish high priest, a Sadducee, son-in-law of Annas. According ...
- Caiaphas: meaning and definitions - Caiaphas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/caiaphas - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Caiaphas - Caiaphas The country-house of Caiaphas, in which Judas concluded his bargain to betray his Master, ...
- Annas - Annas Annas [Gr.,=Heb. Hananiah], in the New Testament, Jewish high priest who examined Jesus. ...