on the Usk, in Wales. The habitual residence of King Arthur,
where he lived in splendid state, surrounded by hundreds of knights,
twelve of whom he selected as Knights of the Round Table.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Caerleon from Infoplease:
- Caerleon - Caerleon Caerleon , town (1981 pop. 6,711), Newport, SE Wales, on the Usk River. Militarily ...
- Caerleon: meaning and definitions - Caerleon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Caerleon - Caerleon on the Usk, in Wales. The habitual residence of King Arthur, where he lived in splendid ...
- Camelot - Camelot Camelot , in Arthurian legend, the seat of King Arthur's court. The origin of the name ...
- Roman Remains in England - Roman Remains in England The most remarkable are the following:- The pharos, church, and trenches ...