(Greek). A “bad habit.”
A passion for making speeches or for talking.
The love of rushing into print; a mania for authorship.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Cacoethes from Infoplease:
- cacoëthes: meaning and definitions - cacoëthes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cacoethes - Cacoethes (Greek). A “bad habit.” Cacoethes loquendi. A passion for making speeches or ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index C, c ca' CAA cab cabal cabala cabaletta cabalism cabalist cabalistic ...
- Elbridge Gerry: Reply to "A Landholder," II - An elegant writer, under the signature of A Landholder, having in a series of publications, with a modesty and delicacy peculiar to himself, undertake
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: C - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "C"