A system of religion established in India in the third century.
The general outline of the system is that the world is a transient
reflex of deity; that the soul is a “vital spark” of deity; and that
after death it will be bound to matter again till its “wearer” has, by
divine contemplation, so purged and purified it that it is fit to be
absorbed into the divine essence.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Buddhism from Infoplease:
- Hua-yen Buddhism - Hua-yen Buddhism Hua-yen Buddhism [Chin.,=flower garland], school of Chinese Buddhism centering on ...
- Zen Buddhism - Zen Buddhism Zen Buddhism, Buddhist sect of China and Japan. The name of the sect (Chin. Ch'an, ...
- Buddhism - Buddhism Buddhism was founded in the fourth or fifth century B.C. in northern India by a man known ...
- Buddhism - Buddhism Buddhism , religion and philosophy founded in India c.525 B.C. by Siddhartha Gautama, ...
- Bhutan's New Income Tax - Y2K Brings the IRS to Bhutan by Borgna Brunner This article was posted on April 8, 1999. Strongly ...