(in Orlando Furioso ). A deformed dwarf of Biserta, to
whom King Agramant gave a ring which had the virtue to withstand the
power of magic (book ii.). He was leader of the Tingitanians in the
Saracen army. He also figures in Bojardo's Orlando Innamorato.
A native of Brunswick. (See Black Brunswicker.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Brunello from Infoplease:
- Brunello - Brunello (in Orlando Furioso ). A deformed dwarf of Biserta, to whom King Agramant gave a ring ...
- Fellini's Satyricon - Starring Martin Potter, Hiram Keller, Salvo Randone, Max Born, Fanfulla
- Nine - Starring Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz
- 1961 Academy Awards - 1961 Academy Awards The 1961 Academy Awards were presented April 9, 1962 at the Santa Monica Civic ...
- 1963 Academy Awards - 1963 Academy Awards The 1963 Academy Awards were presented April 13, 1964 at the Santa Monica Civic ...