Without a wrinkle. Burns says of John Anderson, in his prime of
life, his “locks were like the raven,” and his “bonnie brow was brent”
(without a wrinkle).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Brent from Infoplease:
- Margaret Brent - Brent, Margaret Brent, Margaret, 1600?–1671?, early American feminist, b. Gloucester, ...
- brent: meaning and definitions - brent: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brent - Brent Brent, outer borough (1991 pop. 226,100) of Greater London, SE England. The area is a rail ...
- Richard BRENT - Richard BRENT (1757-1814) Senate Years of Service: 1809-1814 Party: Democratic Republican BRENT, ...
- Wallis: meaning and definitions - Wallis: Definition and Pronunciation