Break the Ice
(To). To prepare the way; to cause the stiffness and
reserve of intercourse with a stranger to relax; to impart to another
bit by bit distressing news or a delicate subject.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Break the Ice from Infoplease:
- Break the Ice - Break the Ice (To). To prepare the way; to cause the stiffness and reserve of intercourse with a ...
- ice: meaning and definitions - ice: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ice - Ice (1 syl.). To break the ice. To broach a disagreeable subject; to open the way. In allusion to ...
- Weather: Droplet to Drop … How Rain Happens - Weather Droplet to Drop … How Rain Happens Weather Bring on the Rain Droplet to Drop ...
- Hiawatha's Friends - The Song of Hiawatha by Henry W. Longfellow 5 - Hiawatha's Fasting Hiawatha's Sailing - 7 ...