Confession of Brandenburg. A formulary or confession of faith
drawn up in the city of Brandenburg, by order of the elector, with the
view of reconciling the tenets of Luther with those of Calvin, and to
put an end to the disputes occasioned by the confession of Augsburg.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Brandenburg from Infoplease:
- Brandenburg: meaning and definitions - Brandenburg: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brandenburg, state, Germany - Brandenburg Brandenburg , state (1994 est. pop. 2,540,000), c.10,400 sq mi (26,940 sq km), E ...
- Albert of Brandenburg - Albert of Brandenburg Albert of Brandenburg, 1490–1568, grand master of the Teutonic Knights ...
- Frederick I, elector of Brandenburg - Frederick I Frederick I, 1371–1440, elector of Brandenburg (1415–40), first of the ...
- Brandenburg, city, Germany - Brandenburg Brandenburg, city (1994 pop. 89,200), Brandenburg, E Germany, a port on the Havel ...