He was bowled out. A term in cricket. (Pronounce bold.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bowled from Infoplease:
- Bowles: meaning and definitions - Bowles: Definition and Pronunciation
- Samuel Bowles - Bowles, Samuel Bowles, Samuel, 1797–1851, American newspaper editor, b. Hartford, Conn. He ...
- Erskine Bowles - Erskine Bowles U.S. public official Born: 1945 After studying at the University of North Carolina ...
- lawn bowling: meaning and definitions - lawn bowling: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paul Bowles - Bowles, Paul Bowles, Paul, 1910–99, American writer and composer, b. New York City. He ...